Visit my website at www.theoldefarmhouseroad.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Home

Living room, I put short little legs on this old chicken coop I have had for years and made it into a coffee table.





Olde antique in my bedroom, I think I paid $35.00 for it at a yard sale several years ago, it was falling apart. I fixed the drawers on it but I like it the way it is, don't want it restored or anything. The people selling it had left it on a porch in the rain, etc. so it was weathered damaged. My friends Lynn, Jimmy and Amanda were with me and we were in their truck so they loaded that sucker up and off we went!


My Bedroom

My Dad's old Deacon's bench now sits in my room, a black doll I made him years ago that sat on his couch for many years b/f he passed away. He and his wife Emily(who passed away in 2000)used this bench for their alter, they knelt and prayed at that bench for many years b/f his wife gave it to me over 15 years ago. Love you Daddy.

Main bathroom.

Hoosier cabinet in my sewing room

Living room. Guest bedroom is right there behind that glass door.

Part of Kitchen

More Kitchen/ Dining area

Cupboard in sewing area

Hoosier Cabinet in sewing area

Old Cupboard full of old quilts at Living room doorway

This is my Tree this year, small and simple.

The olde Chicken Coop Coffee Table.

Living room.

More Living Room

More Living Room

The guest bedroom has been mostly storage and copy machines but I cleaned it out and had to set this bed back up again for my Thanksgiving company. Soo, I am just going to leave it this way for now. Hopefully Sandy will visit again soon also and she will have her own room to stay in.

Guest Bedroom

Living room, my replica Franklin stove fit perfectly under this fireplace mantle I made

years ago and used to use the mantle in my show displays. Now it stays right here! I love the stove,I use it just with this fake flame in it cause it looks soo real, can also use the heater in too if needed.

5 comments:

  1. Your home is so warm and cozy, Carmen! Thanks for sharing.

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks cozy.Loved the tour.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Christmas touches in your home. Your home looks so inviting!

    Prim blessings from Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen your home is wonderful,loved the tour.Curly is adorable.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carmen- Love your prim home especially your fireplace mantle in your l.room. I live in a 1903 farmhouse by myself since my husband passed away in August. I have one of those little stoves in my l.room also. We put some used bricks underneath the little stove because the wood floors in this old house are so old and I was afraid that maybe they would be too hot from the fire. We also put a family tree going down our upstairs-painted the steps barn red and had a artist friend stencil the 3 generations of family on the steps risers. We skipped every other step and had a design on those steps. Love all of your sweet animals. Merry Christmas from the farm- Alanna Neupert

    ReplyDelete