Visit my website at www.theoldefarmhouseroad.com

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blue Berry picking in the Rain!

Getting pounded with rain and winds for a couple days now from those feeder bands off the tropical storm out there in the Gulf. Finally got a little break in the rain today for about an hour maybe so I ran out there to pick blueberries after running errands all afternoon..., the berries hadn't been picked in days so I was hurrying as fast as I could and when I was almost done it got real dark all... the sudden, another big heavy cloud had come in and it started pouring down rain so I just stayed out there and finished picking, it was close to 6 or so ths evening and I was losing some light so it was hard to see the little berries but I got a lot of them, about 2 pounds again. Seems to be my quota each time! But you know what, that cold rain felt soo good, I felt like a little kid again playing in the rain so I just stayed out there until I was satisfied with the picking and then I went to my garden and picked squash in the rain and finally came inside. That rain shower felt so refreshing! There was no lightening or thunder at the time so it was just plain ole enjoyable staying out in it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I wish we could get some rain, it's been over 2 wks, I think and it is hot!
    It has been way over 100 for a few days, now.
    What ya gonna make first, with the blueberries?
    Have a great week!

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carmen, those blueberries sound great, always enjoy making anything with them. Playing in the rain is always fun,good to keep the child in us, glad you enjoyed. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete