Visit my website at www.theoldefarmhouseroad.com

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Vegetable Stomp Recipe

Don't know where the name came from but was told that is what they call it. This is a delicious, easy and healthy recipe I wanted to share. And the great thing is you can grow all of these veggie ingredients in your garden at home! My daughter Celena used to make it a lot when she was staying with me. She added mushrooms and dried red hot pepper to it but I leave those two things out. I made a big dish of it and have been eating off it for 2 days and is sooooo delicious! You can do many variations of it but this how I like mine:
In oblong glass baking dish cut up into bite size pieces 3 zucchini, 4 squash, 2 or 3 tomatoes ( I used the smaller ones), a couple green peppers, half an onion, and mushrooms if desired though I don't desire mushrooms! After all veggies are in dish, drizzle with Olive oil and sprinkle lots of Seasoning Salt very, very generously with the seasoning salt( I use Mc Cormick Seasoning Salt) Toss well so it is all coated thoroughly. Pop into preheated oven at 350 degress UNCOVERED for about 30 minutes. Then sprinkle a pkg shredded Mozzarello cheese over top and bake another 5 minutes. That's it.. you are done. It is soo good! I eat it by itself but it is delicious over rice or pasta or as a side dish with your dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment