Visit my website at www.theoldefarmhouseroad.com

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Planting a Mini Garden

Well it isn't what I wanted but all I can manage right now. Wanted to get a large area tilled up in my front side yard for a big garden but don't have the means to do it at this point so I got 6 of the very large black plastic pots and made a mini garden on my back porch. About the only place I can do it for now that I don't have to worry about Curly getting to it. The sun hits it real good so I have 3 of the smaller breed tomato plants, 2 yellow squash and 1 green bell pepper plant going. Need to get more bell pepper plants for sure. Just finished with them, dug dirt from the back yard and lots of it from under the old chicken pens so they should be very well fertilized! But that is what I hear folks around here say to do so I am giving it a try. Next I am going to clear out a flower bed area and sprinkle sweet annie seeds to grow & try to preserve some myself this year. I always buy the preserved stuff off ebay, they are great but getting way too expensive for what you get for your dollar. Sooo, I 'll give it a try and see if I can preserve it myself, have the instructions for it, if I don't succeed guess it will be back to old ebay and paying out the yang. I don't have any trouble growing it and I love the smell so at least it probably will be worth growing even if I don't succeed at preserving. Plus it will give me a whole new crop of new seeds for next time. Well, would love to have a pic of my porch garden(lol) but my camera batteries are dead and I am slap out of batteries! Until next time.. Blessings to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment