Visit my website at www.theoldefarmhouseroad.com

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Puppies Arrived

Lysha, the Husky Celena and I took in, was pregnant when we found her. Of course we did not know it at the time b/c she was so scrawny and sickly. But wasn't too long after she started getting better from her meds & proper food and care she started fattening up and we knew she was expecting! Actually as bad of shape as she was in I am shocked the puppies survived. I started off to bed about two this morning , it was storming out side, lightening, thunder and pouring rain. Lysha was lying on top of some laundry in the laundry room, I tried to get her to come with me so I could put her on the back porch where we keep her at night and she wouldn't budge, I knew something was up and pretty sure what it was so I watched her for a moment and see her whole tummy tightening up, having contractions. Sooo, I did what any responsible pet owner would do, I went and got Celena up and made her sit with her..LOL. We were both very concerned about her health and delivering the puppeis w/o complications b/c of how sick she had been so we watched her until she had three of them. Everything seemed to be going fine. So I decided to turn in around three so I could get to church this morning. Celena stayed up and watched her for a bit longer, no more puppies so she woke me up and we cleaned up the area and got Lysha & the three puppies to the porch. When Celena woke up around six she went to check on her and she had another puppy, so now there were four and by eight there was a 5th one but apparently still born. So she did lose one but there are 4 beautiful little puppies now and Lysha has a big smile on her face and seems to be such a good mommy. Celena had gotten some prenatal vitamins from the vet for Lysha as soon as we realized she was pregnanat and all the puppies seem very healthy and strong.Two girls and two boys. Wanted to share some pics. They are just adorable. I haven't been around puppies since I was a little kid!

7 comments:

  1. Carmen I'm in tears just thinking about the puppies had you & Celena not rescued her and she had continued to be starved and abused, what a happy ending seeing her with that proud mama's smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy beginning to a sad story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those pups are so cute!! So glad to hear how well she is doing now that she has been rescued! Kudos to you all!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told Celena I was so proud we had her as it was a stormy morning out when she was having the puppies and I would hate to think she was out there in that weather in the woods some where. She is so sweet and the pups are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to see the puppies after all she has been through.
    I hope they find wonderful homes like their mommy did.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see pictures of the puppies! She is so lucky to have found you both!

    *hugs*
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such an angel to Lysha. I remember reading about her when you first rescued her. You got to her at exactly the right time. Those puppies would have not had a chance with her former "owner". I'm thrilled she now has a good life, beautiful pups with loving homes, and a bright future with you. God bless you for all you do for the animals - and God bless Lysha and her babies. May they all live long happy lives.

    ReplyDelete