Visit my website at www.theoldefarmhouseroad.com

Friday, May 6, 2011

Home at last!

I convinced them to release me yesterday afternoon but I am so tired and just do not feel well. Right now there will be a home care nurse out every day. I have just been too tired to even check the email or anything but I do want to say a great big THANK YOU to so many of you who sent cards and pkgs. I am just overwhelmed at the out pouring of cards and messages I have received and believe me each and every one of them have been so special and meant so much to me. I want to send out more personal thank you's to all of you when I get to feeling better but right now I just not thinking clearly and so tired. I was in the hospital 11 days here in Moultrie this time instead of having to go to Atlanta like last time. I had to have emergency surgery the day the doc saw me she sent me straight to be admitted to hosptal it was so bad,I lost a lot of blood after the first surgery where they left the wound open so they had to give me blood transfusuions again, was on oxygen for about next 8 or 9 days & constant IV antibiotics again too, then I had to have a second surgery the very next morning plus have a pump placed in my arm to draw infection and poison from my arm and chest which was on my left arm so they were concerned about it reaching my heart cause they said it was already spreading into my chest cavitiy. Apparenetly that methotrexate medication they have had me on for my Rhuematoid Arthritis has lowered my immune system too low and all lowed that very near deadly infection almost two years ago to set up at the base of my spine and they believe this time it is the same thing. The infection this time had started to set up in my left shoulder and arm when I got hurt a few weeks ago but I did not realize how serious it was, i got so sick from the infection that I fell in the back yard onto a rusty nail and at that point with in a couple of days it spread infection all in my arm, swelled up in HUGE bright red long lumps and ferverish and already started spreading into my chest cavity toward my organs (heart and lungs) which they told me would be deadly, so they said I have escaped death twice in less than two years from practically the same thing. . Needless to say I will not take that methotrexate for my RA anymore, don't know what I will do about that besides PRAY FOR A MIRACLE! But I just wanted to say I am home and thanks sooo very much for all of you who have been so kind and sweet and sent cards and pkgs., comments, I appreciate every bit of it and I would also like to say thanks to my neighbor Roger and his daughter Amanda who have kept an eye on my house for me, fed my goat and chickens and taken care of things for me during this whole sickness. I was so sick from the infection and all b/f I went to the hospital that Roger was coooking and bringing me dinner over for several nights b/f I was admitted cause I was just too sick to cook , hardly even knew my own name.. honestly! and since I have been home now he has brought dinner to me a few times also. It is such a blessing to have people in your life that care and share and that are there when you need them. Thanks again everyone,I think I am just so give out and tired, can't think straight anymore tonight... I need to get back to bed. Not supposed to stay up very long at a time...doc's orders. Have a blessed, safe and wondererful evening everyone. God Bless all of you!!!.

5 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, I had no idea you were going through all of this. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're home. Take it easy and I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmen glad your home.So wonderful this time people are stepping in to be there for you.I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad to hear your home and OK Carmen, was worried about you! I'm also glad to hear you have some nice neighbors who can lend a helping hand to you:) Get some rest so you can finish getting ALL better, I am putting together a pkg. for you as well, and hope you feel better real soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I missed this post but I am so very glad to hear that you are home now and resting! Thank GOD that they got all that infection out! You have went through quite the ordeal so of course you are going to tired, probably for quite some time. But look at the bright side, you are home and you are now on the way of becoming new again!!
    Take care hon!
    HUGS!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete