Visit my website at www.theoldefarmhouseroad.com

Friday, September 13, 2013

Sandy Schmidt's Memorial Service 9-10-13

  It was so hard to get through the service.. my heart was breaking to say the final GoodBye to my BFF of  almost 20 years.. I love you Sandy.. Always will.... I got to hold Baby Chloe... Sandy's precious new grand baby.
 The doll's and flowers sat around the sanctuary at Sandy's Memorial service.. her sewing machine, her favorite throw quilts, dolls she had made and a wonderful smelling tart warmer burning and pictures of her family.. it was all definitely Sandy. Todd did a beautiful job in making it a tribute to Sandy and her life.
 The prayer quilt that Sandy kept on her during her hospital stay and was on her when she took her last breath. It draped the main table in front of the sanctuary along with pictures of her, Todd and their daughter Samantha and of course baby Chloe..Sandy's brand new and only grandchild.
 My daughter Celena Jem,  Sandy's hubby Todd and me @ the luncheon that was served after her memorial service.
                            Celena holding Baby Chloe after Memorial service..
 I stopped by Sandy's house on our way out of town heading back home after the service. Sandy's cat Crybaby, came out meowing @ me when I got out of the car. I picked her up and held her. She seemed to know what was going on. I wanted to say goodbye for now....
        Sandy's daughter Samantha, her hubby Todd and my daughter Celena Jem after the service.       Celena had been Samantha's Maid of Honor @ her wedding a few years ago. Samantha and Celena have known each other most of their lives.

2 comments:

  1. Carmen, You were the bestest friend a girl could ever ask for. You and Sandy had such a special bond and friendship. Sandy's Memorial service was beautiful. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Carmen, so hard to say good-bye.....Lovely family, sweet kitty of hers, love the name, Crybaby.....Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete